Zif W

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Leadership

What makes a good leader? I've noticed that people can point out good leaders when they see one but can't define why they are good. Is it their ability to fc, their ability to run diplomacy, their ability to bring in new blood, their willingness to fight, or is out just some other invisible gleam they put off?

I am a soldier, I've been given leadership roles in the past and realized I don't have the patience to deal with the drama llamas. My solution was always kick their teeth in, because all I know is war. Our corp leader lackofskills (errr lackofguilt) is a great leader in my eyes. He's the reason I still play. Not because he lives about ten minutes from me and could literally put a boot up my but for not logging in, but because he makes the game fun. Corpmates have given him a ton of shit because he is a very aggressive fc. There's a famous quote that's often thrown around ts, "c'mon we can take this." I've been on both ends of this. Sometimes we kill a fleet of dreads, sometimes we watch a vindicator drop to a bunch of scrubs (jking cursed few). He's a content creator and there is always something silly going on when he's around. I've followed him through at least 3 corporations and I'd follow him through the rise and fall of 30 more if it came to it.

I think that's what defines a good leader, someone who despite their failures can muster a few good soldiers to follow them through the mud and still have them smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment