Zif W

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fit of the week: Ishtar

I'm not dead! Hooray! January and February are the busiest months for my industry, and between moving to Minmatar space and out of it I haven't had a whole lot of time to write. I'm no longer apart of winmatar, I joined the frogs in my old home of placid I'm just further up the pipe now. I feel like placid will be where I spend the rest of my eve career. I know the groups, their capabilities and weaknesses, and where the pipes lead. Something I really don't wish to learn elsewhere.

So now that I'm back and flying a new banner why not fly a new ship? Sentry drones V finished from my short lived time with mafia so the ishtar seemed fitting.

[Ishtar, Ishtar]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

The general idea of this ship is to carry 2-3 loads of sentries, start a fight at range, and keep that range throughout the fight.  Always prioritize tackle so the enemy fleet can not get warpins on you and watch for long range alpha like tornados.

I love brawling so much but this ship gave me a new found admiration for shield HAC gangs. 700 dps at bouncer range is just silly. A few of these behemoths mixed with huugin and lachesis support makes a bad day for an AHAC gang.

We started this fight 15v many. That prophecy fleet came near the end to grab tackle on those trying to bugger off. Props go out to Deen Whispa for being the calmest FC/target caller I've ever flown with. If I get one fight like that a month in gal mil I don't think I'll ever leave.

Fly ballsy o7

2 comments:

  1. Is the 4th DDA more useful as a DC, nano, PDS or other module?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fourth DDA can be swapped for a nano or dc, but when used in conjunction with the huugin and lach like in the br the second nano isn't very useful. A dc would help with the resists but realistically you won't be taking a lot of damage if you're flying the comp correctly. That fourth DDA isn't adding much though. As a situational swap I'd say nano ->dc -> signal amplifier depending on the occasion.

    ReplyDelete