Zif W

Monday, February 3, 2014

Never fly what you can't afford to lose.

So for the first time on my eve career I lost something stupidly expensive through noones fault but my own.

Tengu

Yes that's 1billion with a b. I made some mistakes. First mistake #1 overconfidence. I've owned this same tengu for 3 + years and never even come close to losing it. It was a ship I flew often and knew it's limitations.

Mistake #2 know your surroundings. I was in between corps moving towards my new eventual home and I knew nothing about this area of space. 4 jumps through low sec in placid would have been no big deal. 4 jumps here I encountered way more pilots. Which should have made more turn around our dock up.

Mistake #3 don't be lazy. I had the cloaky subsystem in my hold and could have easily refit, but I assured myself I didn't need to dock. That would be a waste of my time.

So gg pandemic legion. I should put an obligatory "didn't want that tengu anyway" line here but I'm really not that bitter about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment