Zif W

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sometimes fail happens

So, as a precursor to the horrible loss mail your eyes are about to view I'd like to point out that sometimes I like to fly very silly ships. Thus, I present my bait logi.

Exequror
Heavy Electron Blaster II Void M
Heavy Electron Blaster II Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II Void M

Experimental 10mn Afterburner I
Stasis Webifier II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I Navy Cap Booster 200s

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Prototype Armor Explosive Hardener I
Damage Control II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

A corpie of mine had used this fit to great success. It has a hefty tank, reps well, and pushes moderate dps. The trick behind it is in the finesse. It's all about getting people to engage you thinking you are a logi sans fleet. So when I was "autopiloting" through low and landed 15km off a Gate to see a stabber I got a wee bit excited.  Alas, I know better than to get my hopes up in low sec. A quick check of pilot info shows he's apart of Gladius Veritatis who happen to love not fighting alone. *cough cough fcon titans*  so I approached gate and he aggressed and  I decided to jump through to confirm he was not alone.  Another stabber sat on this side, now I had the choice to engage immediately while stabber #1 waits out his aggression timer or burn off the gate in case the cavalry comes in. In this case I did a bit of both. Dammit for being indecisive. Today I learned that the exequror could have handled either of these ships solo, my reps held fine while fighting them 1 on 1, but the combined dps of them was too much for my tank. As I put the first stabber into structure I went pop.  Almost a brilliant idea. Back to the drawing board hopefully I can update this with some win later.

Also don't worry this isn't the fit of the week.  This is a silly bonus post. Fit set for Friday should be fun ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment