Zif W

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Art of War

When I first started playing this game I was incredibly overwhelmed. I did all the "pants on head" retarded things newer players do now and more when I first started. It took me about a year to finally figure out what support skills were and why bigger is not always better. It took the advice of a real life friend who is now my new CEO to get it in my head that I needed to "slow my role." At the time battle cruisers were the meta (yes the drake used to be a bad as boat) and I was blitzkrieging through skills to get into one way before I had the necessary skills to fly or income to replace one. Everyone knows what came next, I died in a fire belt ratting in null.

I've wrote about this encounter before, and how this inspired me to get into pvp. Which presented a brand new even steeper learning curve that took me at least two years to climb. At the time I didn't know resources existed to help teach. EVE UNI didn't exist and most people were unwilling to help if you weren't a corpmate.

In this past year I stumbled across the alruist. Reddit led me to his signing off post and being that I'd never heard of him and my own blog was still in its infancy, I decided I'd read up on his style. If I had read his know your enemy articles all those years ago it would have saved me so many stupid losses. As I read though knowing what I know now some of his info is getting outdated, so I've decided to rehash his old series with up to date Intel, fits, and strategies stop that newer players can climb this learning curve with the proper tools.

Expect a post this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment